Sunday, June 12, 2011

Alright this is what I think I am going to say, tell me if you think it needs anything. I mentioned one concept from the book.

Recycling means to convert into reusable material. What I want the students to be aware of is how they can do that within our own classroom, as well as outside the classroom. Recycling has become such an important task amongst our generation and it is important that they students are knowledgeable about what they can do. I explained to the class what materials are recyclable and additionally what materials are not recyclable. Once the students confirmed that they understood what materials could be recycled I then discussed how each of those materials can be categorized. In order to make this topic more interesting for the class I put together multiple levels of discussions from teacher to teacher, student to student, and teacher to student, this way the class has multiple perspectives and insight. While learning about the recycled materials the students will also be informed on why those materials are being recycled and what they can be used for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment